This was my first time experimenting with Apple Butter and it was well worth it! It was very simple and only took me 15 minutes to put it all together in the crockpot. I had left over apples from our annual fall apple pickin’ family outing so I decided apple butter was the right thing to make.
Apple Butter Recipe
6-7 apples: peeled and cored
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Roughly chop the apples up once they have been peeled and cored.
- Combine all ingredients into the crockpot. Stir. Make sure apples are thoroughly coated.
- Set on Low for 8-10 hours.
- Puree mixture in blender.
- Pour back into crockpot and let sit for 1-2 hours to thicken up.
- Pour in mason jars or a container with a tight lid. This will last in the fridge for 4 weeks. You could also hand them out as gifts!
You can find my apple pie filling recipe here and how you can easily freeze it rather than canning it.